United Healthcare Drug Rehab
As one of the largest health insurance providers in the country, United Healthcare offers many plans and options for individuals and families which can cover some of the cost of substance abuse treatment. Finding a United Healthcare drug rehab doesn’t have to be difficult as our 24-hour team here at Sober Times can help verify your insurance and find you the best United Healthcare Drug Rehab which can work with your specific policy and financial situation.
Facing addiction and /or alcoholism can be one of the most difficult situations for any family and just like any other medical condition or disease, effectively overcoming substance abuse requires treatment from professionals and medical facilities. Once you or your loved one have decided to get help for substance abuse, then the next step is finding the most appropriate facility to get you the help that you need and want. While there are many different forms of treatment and facilities to choose from, those with private health insurance will want to find a program that can work with their insurance while still offering the best possible care available.
United Healthcare drug rehab programs are typically covered through United Behavioral Health which is the part of United Healthcare which deals with coverage for mental health and substance abuse issues. Because of this, many of their policies cover multiple forms of substance abuse treatment like residential treatment, outpatient treatment, aftercare programs and even individual counseling sessions.
United Behavioral Health
United Behavioral Health is a part of United Healthcare which covers aspects of mental and behavioral health as well as substance abuse for its members. Its services are provided in combination with the standard physical healthcare portions covered by United Healthcare in order to promote mental wellness in addition to physical health. While United Behavioral Health and many of its insurance policies do cover United Healthcare drug rehab including multiple forms of treatment and levels of care including:
- Residential treatment
- Partial hospitalization
- Intensive outpatient
- Medication assisted treatment
- Aftercare programs
- Individual counseling sessions
Because of the multitude of different options available to its members, United Healthcare and United Behavioral Health offer some of the most robust and extensive treatment options for individuals suffering with substance abuse. If you have United Healthcare and/or United Behavioral Health and are struggling with substance abuse, then there is amazing help available to you. Here at Sober Times we can help you find the right United Healthcare Drug rehab and start to get effective treatment for you or your loved one’s substance abuse issues.
Does my United Healthcare cover Drug Rehab?
While there are many different forms of United Healthcare insurance policies, a vast majority of them do offer some sort of substance abuse coverage through United Behavioral Health. The best way to find out if your insurance policy covers a United Healthcare drug rehab program is to speak with our team of professionals who can assess your specific policy and help explain the options available to you.
While every insurance policy is different, there are some common aspects which you must consider:
- The cost of treatment can vary depending on your policy – While most United Healthcare policies offer some sort of coverage for a United Healthcare drug rehab facility, exactly how much they cover can vary. While some policies will pay 100% of the cost of your treatment, others may only cover a portion of the treatment. Many policies also have a deductible which is the initial amount of money that the patient is typically responsible for. Regardless of your financial situation however, there are many options available for substance abuse treatment.
- Prior authorization may be required – While many insurance policies require that a member get authorization directly from the insurance company prior to their approving coverage for treatment like drug rehab, this is something that is usually taken care of by the treatment center and not the individual patient on their own. Facilities will typically contact a member’s insurance company within 24 hours of their admitting in order to receive prior authorization to begin their treatment.
- Treatment needs to be medically necessary – If your insurance policy does cover a United Healthcare drug rehab then it is also important to keep in mind that the insurance company requires that the treatment needs to be deemed medically necessary in order for them to cover it. This is usually determined when an advocate from the United Healthcare drug rehab you attend and an individual from the insurance company discuss your specific case to determine if treatment is necessary and if so, at what level of care.
- It’s best to let the treatment centers deal with the insurance companies – Dealing with health insurance for substance abuse treatment can not only be confusing but it can be quite frustrating. The different terminology, documentation and policies of insurance companies can be a pain to deal with if you don’t know what you are doing. This is why it is normally best to allow the professionals from both Sober Times and the treatment program that you choose to deal with as much of the insurance aspect of treatment as possible. This makes the process much simpler and leads to less issues like denial of claims and coverage.
Help finding a United Healthcare Drug Rehab
Determining which United Healthcare drug rehab to attend and which form of treatment is necessary for you or your loved one’s situation is typically best decided by a substance abuse treatment professional who can take your history and needs into account when deciding on a program. Here at Sober Times we have a team of professionals available 24/7 to help assess your situation and find the best United Healthcare drug rehab for you. They can assess the most appropriate level of care and verify your United Healthcare insurance benefits in order to find a program that works best for you.
Once they have verified your benefits they can help you through the admissions process at the substance abuse facility you choose in order to streamline the process as much as possible and get you or your loved one into treatment immediately.