There are many different styles of rehabilitations programs which may appeal to the needs and preferences of you or your loved one. One of the most popular forms is the holistic treatment center. Colorado has multiple holistic addiction treatment centers which may be a good fit if you or your loved one is struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol.
Holistic addiction treatment centers focus on healing all areas of a person: the mind, body, and spirit. Addiction to drugs and alcohol can cause damage to all aspects of a person’s life and the holistic approach to treatment addresses this fact.
Instead of utilizing the traditional model of addiction treatment, which is primarily based on using things like 12-step treatment, holistic addiction treatment centers utilize numerous forms of treatment and therapy to help a person feel healthy. This sense of well-being in the mind, body, and spirit are the key to helping people move on from addiction into lives free of drugs and alcohol.
Is Colorado Holistic Treatment Right for Me?
Substance abuse is a disease which seriously impacts every aspect of an individual’s life. Because of this fact, holistic addiction treatment centers have become a very popular choice for those seeking treatment for their substance abuse issues.
People initially turn to drugs and alcohol for various reasons like emotional distress or physical pain. However, once they begin to progress in their disease, the negative effects of drugs and alcohol begin to cause problems in other areas of their life. While some traditional treatment centers may only focus on treating the initial issue which created the substance abuse in the first place, this often leaves the other areas of a person’s well-being untreated which can eventually lead to a relapse.
Holistic treatment centers address this problem by treating every aspect of a person’s life, making sure that they are sound in their physical, emotional and mental health before they return to their lives without the need for drugs and alcohol.
What do Holistic Treatment Centers Offer?
Holistic addiction treatment centers in Colorado offer many various forms of treatment which are different from those offered at traditional treatment facilities. These unique treatment methods are designed to address the many various reasons that can lead a person to abuse drugs and alcohol. Some of these treatment methods include:
- Meditation – Meditation is the act of focusing on mindfulness and quieting the mind. Many people who struggle with addiction have issues like anxiety and racing thoughts, particularly while they are in treatment and early recovery. Learning to effectively practice meditation can significantly improve this and is extremely beneficial to many individuals while they are in treatment.
- Yoga – Yoga is a group of physical, mental and spiritual practices which were developed in India thousands of years ago. Typically taught in 1-hour sessions to patients at holistic addiction treatment centers in Colorado, these practices which involve various physical poses and specific forms of meditation and mindfulness have been found to benefit many people who are recovering from addiction to drugs and alcohol.
- Alternative Therapies – Many holistic addiction treatment centers also offer other alternative forms of therapy such as acupuncture, reiki, art therapy, music therapy, massage and equine therapy. All of these different forms of treatment are designed and utilized to improve an individuals’ spiritual, mental and emotional well-being which is crucial to long-term recovery.
- Exercise – Many people who struggle with substance abuse severely neglect their physical health while they are drinking or using drugs. Holistic addiction treatment centers in Colorado have a strong focus on getting their patients healthy again by offering various exercise options such as time at the gym, hiking, swimming and other enjoyable physical activities. This physical exertion helps a person to recover from the damage their substance abuse has caused their body.
- Nutritional Therapy – Nutrition and healthy eating is something that also very often gets neglected by those who are struggling with substance abuse. Holistic treatment centers focus on feeding patients healthy, all-natural meals to help them feel better physically, spiritually and mentally. Part of this treatment also includes classes teaching the patients how to continue this healthy lifestyle outside of treatment by continuing to making healthy choices.
- Individual Therapy – Holistic addiction treatment centers also have a strong focus on individual counseling and therapy. Every person struggling with addiction has their own unique struggles and needs which need to be addressed by a trained and licensed counselor in order for them to fully recover. Individual therapy allows for patients to work with trained professionals to work on those issues which many times can hold a person back from long-term recovery.
Finding the Right Colorado Holistic Treatment Center
Making the decision to get help for substance abuse at a holistic treatment center is the first step towards life-long recovery. Colorado has many holistic addiction treatment centers and it is important to become educated on the differences before making the decision on which one you or your loved one should attend. Here are a few things to consider before deciding on a holistic treatment facility:
- What forms of holistic treatment does the facility offer to its patients?
- How long does the program last?
- Does the facility accept your specific insurance?
- Is the facility accredited by an independent organization such as JACHO or CARF?
- Does the program offer aftercare for all of its patients?
- Are all of the counselors licensed?
- What kind of amenities does the facility provide?
Sorting through the various options for holistic addiction treatment can be confusing and stressful for an individual or a family. That is why here at Sober Times we have trained and experienced staff to help you find the right facility for you or your loved one. They are available 24-hours a day to speak to you and assess the situation. Once they have taken into account the specific needs of the person seeking treatment, they can help suggest an appropriate holistic program and even assist with the admissions process.